Thursday, November 26, 2015

A Thanksgiving Psalm

Trisha, me, Bill, Dan
Motivated again by our dear friends Dan and Trisha, I challenged our three oldest GRANDS to memorize these words with me by Thanksgiving last year. (Two of the three earned my $5 award.)

Psalm 100

"Make a joyful noise to the LORD, all the earth!
Serve the LORD with gladness!
Come into his presence with singing!

It is he who made us, and we are his,
we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

Enter his gates with thanksgiving,
and his courts with praise!
Give thanks to him; bless his name!

For the LORD is good;
his steadfast love endures forever,
and his faithfulness to all generations."

It begs questions:
Is my serving (especially in my own home) done with gladness?
How am I experiencing God in my life today?
Am I living like one who knows her shepherd?
How is my thankfulness list coming?
What did the goodness of God look like for me today, last week, last month?
What are the circumstances that I'm currently living in demonstrating his faithfulness to me?

These familiar words invite new realities. Oh how I long to live in them. What about you?

Blessings to you this Thanksgiving day!

           "give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."                         I Thessalonians 4:18

No comments:

Post a Comment