Thursday, July 2, 2015

June Life-Lines

Five weeks with three precious GRANDS provided new glimpses of the gospel of grace.

"My grace is sufficient for you,
for my power is made perfect in weakness."
II Corinthians 12:9, in part

Glimpses traveled across the street. A new friendship with Jackie, an unexpected grace, provided special times for Judah and some one-on-one time for me with Naomi.

My sisters and me celebrating Mom's 90th
Glimpses traveled across the states. I'm so thankful for the love and support that emanates from my sisters and cousins. Many times their kindnesses called for tissues. I kept them close. 

Liberty Springs in the winter.
Glimpses from New Life Burbank and Liberty Springs PCA, the church our son now serves as pastor and his previous church; they are loving so well.

Glimpses traveled across the world through the prayers of many.

Glimpses from the mouths of babes. Judah's prayers for Baby Ez bless the socks off me.

Judah enjoying the salt water pool.
Glimpses came in the form of refreshing fun ... swimming in the neighborhood pool ... ahhh.

Glimpses came in the hospital room cuddling, caring for, and playing with Ezra.

Glimpses obvious as I conquered the Los Angeles freeways in Aubrey's 5-speed. PHEW!

Glimpses from others sharing God through their art. Thank you Sally for forwarding, Trust His Heart. The chorus reflects my desire -- to trust His heart.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k83w9cGTFZQ

Glimpses from the heart of God daily nourished especially in times when there was no time for opening my Bible. You, my friends shared many other words. Some encouragements are ...

"Yes, he loved his people,
all his holy ones were in his hand;
so they followed in your steps,
receiving direction from you,"
Deuteronomy 33:3
I pray these words for Jeff and Aubrey.

"Of Benjamin (the youngest) he said,
"The beloved of the LORD dwells in safety.
The High God surrounds him all day long, 
and dwells between his shoulders."
Deuteronomy 33:12 (parentheses mine)
I claim this for Ezra ... he is the youngest.

Glimpses from being back in our home church last Sunday through the words of the guest preacher and former pastor, Joseph Wheat. He shared from Lamentations 3.
"But this I call to mind,
and therefore I have hope:
The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness."
Lamentations 3:21, 22
These encourage me to look for God's mercies each day. 

What do your glimpses of gospel grace look like for you today?
As she sat in the hospital with Baby Ez, Aubrey stitched these words for me.
 



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Sue. In times like this glimpses of His Grace do carry us more than we ever thought possible. I'm glad I was able to share a song that has ministered to me so well and so often with you. As I read this, I thought of a verse my friend gave me many years ago. Psalm 46:3 "Yea, the sparrow hath found a house and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young, even thine altars, O Lord of hosts, my King and my God." The altars at that time were a place of sacrifice and blood, yet the birds trusted this altar as a place of safety. We can place our children on God's altar. What peace that brings. Love and hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sally, what a wonderful promise! Yes, Ezra is safe at the altar of God.

      Delete