Thursday, June 18, 2015

Roller-coaster Living



I have never liked roller coasters in amusement parks ... not even little kid ones. Is there such a thing?

But real life roller coasters are an affirmation from God, as if He we saying, you can handle this.

“Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep”. Romans 15:13
Naomi, fall 2014
My emotions swing high and dip low … kind of like 2 ½ year old Naomi as I push her on the playground swings.
My tears from hard and my tears from joy melt, mingle, and mesh. Life is crazy!

As Baby-Ez started his fifth week of bringing joy to his doctors, nurses, and other caregivers in his third LA hospital, the phone call arrived.
I listened to the message, my curiosity growing. I would have never guessed. Immediately I returned the call.
Her words quickened my heart; I shivered with goose-bumps. It's happening again as I type these words.This amazing news almost too good!

It was the beginning of an answer to a five year old prayer.

My friend had had breakfast the day before with the son of other good friends. He (the son) is homeless and alive and near. He shared very openly with my friend that morning obviously feeling safe with her engaging questions. She left knowing enough to contact me. I knew right away about whom she spoke. And I knew how to contact his parents.

This is a step, a beginning. Would you join me in praying for his rescue and praying for much wisdom for his parents as they absorb this story and consider how to move forward.

A life-changing read.
The very next day another piece of good news.

My husband's book, Lay It Down, Living in the Freedom of the Gospel, is printed and ready to be
delivered to bookstores. His project, his baby for the last two years is hitting the bookstore shelves two months ahead of schedule. (It may be in your favorite shop now ... definitely available on-line.)

Very exciting (but it didn't raise goose-bumps) and another dose of good news, very good news in the midst of hard.

The hard of Baby Ez's condition continues as the doctors try to balance meds to keep his Hyperinsulinism controlled. We continue to wait with the hope of a different hospital with a different approach that might make a difference.

I love my every third night joining him in his room, cuddling, playing, feeding, and just watching the wonder of this little guy. He celebrated his 6 month birthday in the hospital. He cut his first tooth in the hospital. He is working on sitting up.

And he is teaching me and many others new lessons about trust.

God knit him together in his mother's womb. He was created with purpose. His ministry is spreading around the world as this situation brings new opportunities to rely on the character of God ... not in how I understand it, but in His unique and special and mysterious ways.
Ezra, "I sure get a lot of love in the hospital"!

Hard, hard, hard mingles with overwhelming joy. God created me--US--to live both ... at the same time. Another amazing!

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing,
give thanks in all circumstances for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."
I Thessalonians 5:16, 17, 18

"Weeping ay tarry for the night,
but joy comes with the morning."
Psalm 30:5

Update: Ezra will be having surgery in early July. And he is sitting up.
             The good news continues with the son of our friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment