Thursday, January 1, 2015

Pathways, Pilgrimages



October 2010, God drove one of those proverbial stakes into the ground—the ground of my heart.

Just a month previous I penned my first Echoes post, Living Inside the Box. It spoke of a personal life lesson for me, God’s desire is that my life is lived on the safety of his paths for me. Just six weeks later He clarified—in a general way—what that might look like. The BIG idea was in place; now the skeleton was taking shape, the pathway was clarifying.

That October, I was invited to a weekend retreat in Sally Breedlove’s lovely NC home. There is something about southern hospitality that is warm and so inviting. The weekend painted a picture of a path that God was beckoning me to walk. It drew me by its beauty. It encouraged me with fellow travelers. It left me hungry.

I drove away from the weekend quiet, smiling, wondering, and with four big take-aways.

Snowy path in Vermont
This week as 2015 is unfolding, it’s my great honor to invite you to a women’s retreat and enjoy Sally Breedlove southern hospitality for yourself transplanted to the beautiful Glen Eyrie Conference Center in Colorado Springs. Southern hospitality nestled in the wild-west to offer you a weekend of discovering the paths God has for you.

Sabbath Living – The Pilgrimage

This is a retreat, not a conference. Sally’s engaging presentations will lead to personal times of quiet reflection. You will experience God’s heart for you in new, refreshing, and deeper ways.

You’ll choose an afternoon workshop to explore various ways to hear from God. Have you wanted to try art journaling? Deb Entsminger, the creator of the online art journaling course, "Who Am I", will lead you through a time that will leave you adding colored pencils to your shopping list. Veteran Nav staff Dana Kozlarek and Kathleen Selje are also leading workshops. Dana will help you discover how our seasons of life reflect how we hear from God. And Kathleen’s fun personality will bring Matthew 6 to life for you and give you practical tools for your pilgrimage with God. 
Wintery path in Colorado

The Glen Eyrie executive chef will be preparing our meals. Dinner will be in the historic castle, original home of William Jackson Palmer, founder of Colorado Springs.

You’ll enjoy worshipful music, time to catch a nap, and other special surprises along the way. 

This is a weekend you won’t want to miss. Mark your calendar for March 14 and 15. For the next two weeks the retreat fee is only $85 + the cost of your choice of lodging at Glen Eyrie (or commuting).

For all the details and to register, go to www.surveymonkey.com/S/76JZYC9. And if you have additional questions, feel free to contact me at sue.tell@navigators.org or 719-332-7661.

I am hoping you will join with me for this retreat. I’m confident you’ll be glad you did.  Sue

“You make know to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.” Psalm 16:11

2 comments:

  1. So sorry that I'll be out of the country during this conference. You're going to have to have a second one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry too! But will you pray for us? Thanks friend.

      Delete